Add a GPS receiver to your Sky-Watcher Synscan Computerized mount.
This plug-in module will set your time, date, longitude and latitude automatically based on the Global Positioning Satellites orbiting the Earth.
- GPS plugs into Synscan RS-232 port
- Sets the time, date, longitude and latitude automatically
- Sky-Watcher Synscan (all models)
- Orion Atlas, Sirius and SkyView Pro computerized models
- May work with others - let us know!
- Receiver Type: 12 parallel channel, L1 C/A code
- Accuracy: Position 5m CEP, Velocity 0.1m/sec
- Startup Time: < 10sec hot start, < 35sec warm start, < 50sec cold start
- Reacquisition: 1sec
- Sensitivity: -140dBm acquisition, -150dBm tracking
- Update Rate: 1Hz
- Dynamics: 4G(39.2m/sec2)
- Operational Limits: Altitude < 18,000m or velocity < 515m/sec
- Serial Interface: RS-232 level
- Protocol #1 NMEA-0183 V3.01 4800 bps, 8, N, 1(Default)
- Protocol #2 SynScan Position, Velocity & Time II Binary Message.
- Input Voltage: 3.8V ~ 8.0V
- Current Consumption: < 100mW
GPS Performance: If the GPS receiver undergoes a drastic change in location, or hasn't been used in a long time, the GPS receiver may need additional time to orient itself, and download new almanac and ephemeris data from the GPS satellites. Please allow five to ten minutes while the GPS receives the information. Subsequent GPS use should be much faster.