Yes, you read that right - a 10" Computerized Dobsonian telescope that collapses, and it's manageable. Sky-Watcher has coupled their well-built Dobsonians with an advanced Synscan computer drive system, making this scope an outstanding value for the level of light gathering and functionality that it provides. Deep space views are simply stunning.
The computer drive system is rather clever. If you nudge a traditional computerized telescope, the computer has no clue that you moved it, and how far. Not so with this dob.
The closed-loop system incorporates motor drives and high resolution optical encoders coupled to each axis providing accurate slews, while registering all movement - even if you push the telescope out of position.
This Dobsonian collapses by running up and down on three vertical bars fixed to the top section, reducing the need for collimation upon setup, which can be an issue for truss-tube Dobsonians.
As an added bonus, if the instrument is collapsed slightly, binocular viewers will come to focus and can be used without the need for a Barlow or image amplifier - a big plus for deep space binocular viewing.
- Parabolic primary mirror to focus all light rays to a common focal point
- Sturdy collapsible Newtonian Reflector Optical Tube Assembly
- Closed-loop drive system provides accurate automatic positioning, even when manually nudged
- GPS receiver supported (sold separately)
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 254mm (10")
- Focal Length: 1200mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4.7
- Mirror Type: Parabolic
- Focuser: 2" cast aluminum, single speed crayford, with lock screw
- Eyepieces: 25mm (48x) and 10mm (120x) Plossls
- Barlow lens: Available (sold separately)
- Finderscope: 8x50 straight
- Mount Type: Dobsonian Altazimuth
- Tracking Motor: Built-in
- Polar Finder: Not Available
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (requires T2 ring)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Because this instrument has no motor drives for tracking, only short exposure photography is possible
- Height of eyepiece (pointed to Zenith): 126cm (49.6")
- OTA length: 80cm (collapsed), 113cm (44.5") (extended)
- Base diameter: 30cm (11.8")
- Base height: 78cm (30.7")
- Total Weight: 33kg (72.6lbs)
- Color: White and Metallic Black tube
- Two year limited warranty
Computer Drive Specifications
- SynScan computerized go-to system
- Over 42,000 objects in the database including complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- RS-232 port
- USB port
- Flash-upgradeable firmware
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation
- Optically encoded closed-loop drive system
- Servo motor drives
- 9 slewing speeds:
- 1x (0.25arc-min/sec), 2x (0.5 arc-min/sec), 8x(2 arc-min/sec)
- 16x(4 arc-min/sec), 32x (8 arc-min/sec), 200x (50 arc-min/sec)
- 400x (1.6°/sec), 600x (2.5°/sec), 800x (3.3°/sec), 1000x (4.2°/sec)
- Includes 12v car plug-in adapter
- Requires 12v DC 2A (Tip positive)