Autocorrect your way to better astrophotography with the Orion Starshoot Autoguider. Gone are the tedious back-breaking sessions of staring into a guidescope to achieve tracking perfection.
The StarShoot Autoguider attaches to any 1.25" or T-threaded guidescope, and an available computer USB port. The computer acquires real-time video of the guide star, processes the video to determine guide star drift direction, and sends RA/DEC corrections through the camera to ST-4 compatible autoguider ports found on many popular computerized and non-computerized mounts.
Autoguiding is a great way to work around shortcomings in the mount's gearing, and small errors in polar alignment. Worm gears in commercially available mounts often have some periodic error which repeats with every rotation. This translates to a slow-period movement (oscillation) that spans between 6 and 12 minutes, depending on the mount's design.
Traditional means of correcting for unwanted movement involved programmable drives. Some astrophotographers resorting to hunching over a guide scope with an illuminated crosshair eyepiece for 20 to 60 minutes at a time, while making tiny corrections over the entire exposure window. Autoguiders are an ideal solution.
Includes highly acclaimed PhD guiding software to deliver an intuitive and friendly autoguiding experience. Note, we recommend downloading the most recent version off the internet, to take advantage of new features and fixes.
The Starshoot Autoguider camera is also available in packages with various guidescopes.
- Intuitive and friendly operation
- Helps eliminate star trails in astrophotos
- Lightweight design
- ST4 compatible autoguider port connects to many popular motorized/computerized mounts
- Flexible mounting options using 1.25" nosepiece or T-mounts (42mm)
- Imaging sensor: Micron MT9M001 Monochrome
- Imaging sensor size: 6.66mm x 5.32mm
- Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (1,310,720 total)
- Pixel size: 5.2µ x 5.2µ
- Video frame rate: 15 frames/second at full resolution
- Autoguider capability: Yes
- Exposure range: 0.05 second to 10 second
- A/D conversion: 8 bit
- Thermoelectric cooling: No
- Fan: No
- IR filter: No (sold separately)
- Mounting: 1.25" nozzle or T-thread
- Backfocus distance: 15mm (0.6") from T-threads
- Connectivity: High-speed USB 2.0
- Weight: 127g (4.5oz)
- One year warranty
- Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Mac OS X
- 1.3Ghz or faster CPU
- 512Mb RAM
- 40Mb of hard drive space
- Screen resolution 1024x768 or higher
- USB 1.1 or better (USB 2.0 recommended)