Take advantage of the latest advances in engineering and high definition glass technology with the Vortex Razor binocular. This binocular delivers incredibly natural color distinction, with excellent brightness in low-light conditions, and razor-sharp details.
This latest generation of Razor binoculars is well improved over the previous generation. Images are sharper and more true-to-life. They approach the quality of glasses selling for more than $2000.00.
The edge definition has been improved over previous generations, and even beats the Vortex Viper HD. The flatness of field is wonderful, showing very little curvature of field.
The coatings are highly transmissive, clearly visible by looking at the surface of the optics - light appears to be swallowed up, rather than reflected.
The improved focuser is smoother, while both the focuser and diopter were made easier to adjust. The depth of field has been improved; background content is more in focus, while enhancing the three dimensional feeling.
Our tests reveal this binocular to be outstanding. When looking at pine needles at 80m, lower quality binoculars look softer, making the needles appear indistinct and flat. The Razor 8x42 resolves the needles distinctly.
Vortex has a winner on its hands.
- Centre-focus with integrated diopter fast and easy adjustment
- HD Premium High Density Extra-low dispersion glass objective lens are precision-crafted for outstanding resolution and true-to-life images of startling clarity and color accuracy
- Fully multicoated XR coatings deliver incredible image detail with extremely high resolution and light transmission
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for the highest image contrast and resolution
- Long eye relief eyepiece design is ideal for clear field of view while wearing eyeglasses
- Extreme close focusing
- Waterproof and Fogproof
- Twist-style eyecups
- Rubber armour provides a comfortable grip
- Includes: rainguard, teathered objective caps, comfort neck strap, deluxe padded carry case
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective Lens: 42mm (2")
- Eye Relief: 17mm (.65")
- Exit Pupil: 4.2mm (.17")
- Relative Brightness: 17.6
- Angular Field of View: 6.9°
- Linear Field of View: 121m@1000m (362ft@1000yds)
- Close Focus: 1.8m (6ft)
- Interpupillary Distance: 55-75mm (2.2-3")
- Eyecup Style: Twist-style, 4 position
- Coatings: Fully multicoated
- Prism Type: Roof
- Waterproof: Yes
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Length: 150mm (5.9")
- Width: 128mm (5")
- Weight: 723g (25.3oz)
- Color: Green and grey
- Lifetime VIP No-Fault Warranty