A pioneer in the manufacture of high-quality low-cost Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, Celestron continues to draw customers in with its new Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain optics, nicknamed "EdgeHD", which virtually eliminates coma abberation and field curvature. Stars will appear pin-point from edge to edge, with very low distortion near the edges.
Dual breather ports with 60 micon mesh filters are located behind the primary mirror to help rid the optical tube of undesirable thermal differences while keeping dust out of the equipment. The faster the scope can reach equilibrium, the sooner you can get busy under the stars.
Flexible photographic options, such as prime-focus, eyepiece projection, focal reducers, and piggyback mounts, coupled with the solid wide dovetail (Losmandy style), will take your hobby to the next level.
Dual mirror locks work in concert with the helical focus and primary mirror baffle to prevent unwanted mirror movement over the course of a long exposure.
- EdgeHD optics yield pin-point stars from edge-to-edge with no coma or field curvature
- StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.8 imaging
- Flexible visual/photographic use
- Sturdy 80mm (3") dovetail bar
- Dual cooling ports with 60 micron mesh filters
- Primary mirror locks eliminate unwanted mirror movement during long exposures
- Sturdy 80mm (3") dovetail bar (Losmandy style)
- 279mm (11") Aperture
- 2800mm (110") Focal Length
- Focal ratio: f/10
- Optical design: Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Optical coatings: Starbright XLT
- Fastar compatible: Yes
- Eyepiece: 23mm Axiom ocular (2") (122x)
- Star diagonal: 2" mirror diagonal w/ 1.25" reducer adapter
- 9x50mm finderscope with quick-detach bracket
- Mounting: 80mm (3") dovetail bar
- Optical tube length: 610mm (24")
- Weight: 13kg (28lbs)