Large aperture at an affordable price, our Advanced VX 8” Newtonian provides 78% more light-gathering abilities compared to the 6” model. The parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a sharper image near the edge of the field of view. This scope is great for intermediate visual observers and beginning astroimagers looking for a large aperture with lots of light-gathering power. As you grow in your hobby, you can continue to enjoy all the high-level features of the Advanced VX.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
The Celestron Advanced VX computerized mount will locate tons of objects from the built-in 40,000 object database, as well as Solar System objects. The automatic tracking with autoguider capability makes this ideal for astrophotography.
The new Celestron Advanced VX computerized mount is an excellent and economical telescope mount that has been vastly improved over the previous generation of Advanced Series mount.
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron's most sophisticated equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you're new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- 8” (200 mm) f/5 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Optical Design: Newtonial reflector
- Aperture: 200 mm (7.87")
- Focal length: 1000mm (39")
- Focal ratio: f/5
- Telescope Type: Computerized (GOTO)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: (56 mm (2.2")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 28%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area:7.81%
- Finderscope: 9x50mm w/ crosshair
- Eyepiece: 20mm (50x) Plossl eyepiece (1.25" format)
- Advanced VX computerized equatorial mount
- Color: Black
- Celestron 2 year warranty
- Mount Type: German equatorial style
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Polar finder: available (sold separately)
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Saddle accepts narrow dovetail bars 44mm (1.75") wide (compatible with Vixen, Sky-Watcher, Celestron CG-5, Orion and more)
- Latitude range: 7-77°
- Includes 12v car adapter
- Requires 12v 3.5A DC
- Color: Brown
- NexStar+ computer controller
- Flash-upgradeable firmware
- 40,000 objects in the database including complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- 100 user-definable objects
- Expanded information on over 200 objects
- User-selectable language: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- Alignment procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Slewing speed up to 4°/sec
- Permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction
- GPS upgradable via Celestron SkySync GPS
- SkyQ upgradable for wireless smartphone/computer control
- Communication ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Includes RS-232 cable
- Includes 12v car plug-in adapter
- Requires 12v DC 3.5A (Tip positive)
- TheSky® First Light edition planetarium software with 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images
Weights and Dimensions
- Mount Payload Capacity: 14kg (30lbs) (not including counterweights)
- Optical Tube Assembly Weight: 6.35 kg (14lbs)
- Optical Tube Assembly Length: 914 mm (36")
- Tripod Weight: 8kg (18lbs)
- Mount Weight: 7.7kg (17lbs)
- Counterweight: 5.4kg (12lbs) x 2
- Total Weight: 32kg (71lbs)
- Mount Height: 38cm (17")
- Tripod Height: 111-163cm (44-64")
- Tripod Legs Outside Diameter: 50mm (2") and 38mm (1.5")