The Celestron Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD telescope is big on performance and fun.
Celestron continues to draw customers in with its new Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain optics, nicknamed "EdgeHD", which virtually eliminates Coma abberation. Stars will appear pin-point from edge to edge.
The new Celestron Advanced VX computerized mount is an excellent and economical telescope mount that has been vastly improved over the previous generation of Advanced Series mount.
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron's most sophisticated equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you're new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Celestron's premium EdgeHD design eliminates coma
- XLT coatings and water white glass for maximum light transmission
- Nexstar computer drive locates and tracks objects automatically.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear
- New motors offer improved tracking performance and provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range can be used between 7° – 77° latitude
- Mount now accepts Vixen and CG dovetail bars
- NexStar+ hand control offers improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- Multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Aperture: 203mm (8")
- Focal length: 2032mm (80")
- Focal ratio: f/10
- 9x50 finderscope w/ crosshair
- 40mm (51x) Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- 90° star diagonal prism (1.25")
- Fastar compatible: Yes
- Advanced VX computerized equatorial mount
- Color: Black
- Includes 12v car adapter
- Requires 12v 3.5A DC
- Celestron 2 year warranty
- Mount Type: German equatorial style
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Polar finder: available (sold separately)
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Saddle accepts Vixen 44mm (1.75") and the wide CG dovetail bars (but not Losmandy D)
- Latitude range: 7-77°
- Color: Brown
- NexStar+ computer controller
- Flash-upgradeable firmware
- 40,000 objects in the database including complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- 100 user-definable objects
- Expanded information on over 200 objects
- User-selectable language: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- Alignment procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Slewing speed up to 4°/sec
- Permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction
- GPS upgradable via Celestron SkySync GPS
- SkyQ upgradable for wireless smartphone/computer control
- Communication ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Includes RS-232 cable
- Includes 12v car plug-in adapter
- Requires 12v DC 3.5A (Tip positive)
- TheSky® First Light edition planetarium software with 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images
Weights and Dimensions
- Mount Payload Capacity: 14kg (30lbs) (not including counterweights)
- Optical Tube Assembly Weight: 6.3kg (14lbs)
- Optical Tube Assembly Length: 43.2cm (17")
- Tripod Weight: 8kg (18lbs)
- Mount Weight: 7.7kg (17lbs)
- Counterweight: 5kg (11lbs) x 1
- Total Kit Weight: 27.6kg (61lbs)
- Mount Height: 40.6cm (16")
- Tripod Height: 74-127cm (29-50")
- Tripod Legs Outside Diameter: 50mm (2") and 38mm (1.5")