Experience our best optical performance with EdgeHD’s aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain optics for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors and widest eyepieces.
Aluminum optical tube with tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
Versatile design accommodates 3 focal ratios: native f/10, f/7 with the addition of our optional, optimized focal reducer, or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories.
Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light transmission.
A 9x50 finderscope, 2” mirror diagonal for more comfortable viewing, and wide-angle 23 mm Luminos 2" eyepiece are all included.
Celestron's newly designed CGX-L Computerized Equatorial mount is the latest addition to our fully computerized equatorial mount series. Capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease, CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories.
The new CGX-L was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head providing a more compact and more stable setup; a better drive system, remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX-L is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
Key design goals included larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes, remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport. COMPACT. ERGONOMIC. INNOVATIVE.
- Dual saddle accepts 44mm (1.75") and 80mm (3") dovetail bars (compatible with Celestron, Sky-Watcher, Losmandy, Vixen and more)
- Automatically track objects with accuracy.
- All-Star polar alignment for accurate setup for astrophotography and excellent goto performance
- High payload capacity meets the needs of 14" scopes or smaller
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) is non-volatile for error-free tracking with no need to constantly re-record
Optical Tube Specifications
- 235mm (9.25") Aperture
- 2350mm (92.5") Focal Length
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Schmidt-Cassegrain design
- Starbright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission and contrast
- 23mm Luminos ocular, 2" format, 102x
- 2" mirror star diagonal, with 1.25" adapter
- 9x50mm finderscope
- Optical tube length: 559mm (22")
- Weight: 9.5kg (21lbs)
Mount and Tripod Specifications
- Mount Type: German Equatorial style
- Analog setting circles: not required
- Dovetail Saddle: Accepts 44mm (1.75") and 80mm (3") dovetail (dovetail not included)
- Steel worm gear and 144mm diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life
- Max Slew Speed: 4°/second (3°/second is default)
- Polar scope: sold separately
- Internal cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Auxiliary ports: 4
- Autoguider port: ST-4 compatible
- Precision machined 40mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- Secure power plug ensures that the Mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- Latitude range: 3° – 65°
- Heavy duty 2.75" stainless steel tripod with height index marks for quick leveling
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Tracks past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Celestron two year warranty
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash-upgradeable firmware
- 40,000 objects in the database including complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- 100 user-definable objects
- Expanded information on over 200 objects
- Two-line, 16-character LCD with red LED backlighting
- Buttons are red LED backlit
- All-star Polar alignment
- Alignment: Two-star + optional calibration stars, QuickAlign, 1-Star, last alignment, solar system align
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Nine slew speeds: 4°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
- 9th drive rate setting customizeable to set maximum slew rate
- NexRemote advanced telescope control software
- USB 2.0 port for external computer control and firmware updates
- ASCOM compatible
- Software features include: mount calibration, database filter limits, hibernate, five alignment procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- GPS upgradable via SkySync GPS Accessory
- Includes 12v car plug-in adapter
- Requires 12v DC 3.2A (Tip positive)
- TheSky® Planetarium software with 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images
Weights and Dimensions
- Carrying capacity: 34kg (75lbs) (not including counterweights)
- Tripod weight: 21kg (46.2lbs)
- Mount head weight: 21.3kg (47lbs)
- Counterweight shaft weight: 2.5kg (5.6lbs)
- Total weight: 44.8kg (98.8lbs)
- Counterweight: 10kg (22lbs) x 1
- Mount height: 41cm (16")
- Tripod height: 90.8cm-134cm (35.75-52.75")
- Tripod height with head: 120-196cm (47.25"-77.5")
- Tripod legs outside diameter: 70mm (2.75")