Be ready for the next big comet with Celestron’s special-edition Cometron FirstScope, a compact, lightweight telescope that’s perfect for beginners looking to experience the magic of a dazzling comet, planet, or nebula. This tabletop Dobsonian-style telescope includes a spherical mirror with a generous 76mm of aperture. The Cometron FirstScope provides bright, sharp views of comets and other celestial objects, and renders the Moon’s mountains and craters in crisp detail. And thanks to its wide field of view, you’ll be able to observe the brightest part of the comet and its tail or favorite deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula.
The Cometron FirstScope features several upgrades from the original Celestron FirstScope, including 2 Kellner eyepieces and a 5x24 finderscope. Weighing just 4.3 pounds, the Cometron FirstScope is a tabletop telescope that you can take on all your outdoor adventures. It’s also stylish enough to be a decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
This little marvel is not just another toy. It features good optics, utilizes 1.25" standard format eyepieces, a rack and pinion focuser, and a sturdy yet easy-to-use mini-Dobsonian table mount.
See the rings of Saturn, the Moons and equatorial belts of Jupiter. Discover the summer treasures in Sagittarius like the Lagoon Nebula.
- Quality optics
- Sturdy and easy-to-use Altazimuth mount points the telescope in pan-and-tilt fashion
- Ultra-lightweight (one handed pickup)
- Uses standard 1.25" eyepieces
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 76mm (3")
- Focal Length: 300mm (11.8")
- Focal Ratio: f/3.95
- Focuser: 1.25" rack and pinion
- Eyepieces: 20mm (15x) and 10mm (30x)
- Barlow lens: Sold Separately
- Finderscope: 5X24
- Mount Type: Tabletop Dobsonian
- Tracking Motor: Not available
- Polar Finder: Not available
- Camera Capable: No
- Height: 40cm (15.7")
- Weight: 1.95kg (4.3lbs)
- Celestron 2 year warranty