The Neximage 5 CMOS camera is great for live viewing or photographing the Planets and Lunar features. This CMOS camera replaces the eyepiece, and produces color image stills through single-frame or multi-frame stacking.
Includes a Micron CMOS sensor featuring DigitalClarity technology. DigitalClarity delivers CCD image quality (based on signal-to-noise ratio and low-light sensitivity), while providing very low dark current, minimal cross-talk, high sensitivity and low noise.
Firmware update: A firmware update has been made available to correct a bug in setting the exposure time. Customers are advised to update their cameras.
- 5 Mega pixel color sensor with Micron® DigitalClarity® technology to dramatically reduce image noise levels
- Small pixels sizes provide sub arc-second planetary detail with most telescopes
- View and capture live video on your computer
- 1.25" and C-mount interfaces compatible with most telescopes
- Automatically filters out video frames most affected by poor atmospheric "seeing"
- Automatic stacking and alignment of multiple frames
- Camera controls to manually adjust gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate and color saturation
- Selectable “region of interest” sub-framing
- 2x2 and 4x4 binning capability
- Progressive scan
- 1/2.5" CMOS color Sensor
- Resolution: 5 megapixel (2592x1944)
- Pixel size: 2.2µ square
- Sensor size: 5.7mm x 4.28mm (7 mm diagonal)
- Sensitivity: .53 V/ lux-sec (@550nm)
- Integrated IR-cut filter
- 1.25" barrel, threaded for eyepiece filters
- Computer interface: USB, High-Speed USB 2.0 cable included
- Includes image processing software
System Requirements (subject to change)
- XP, Vista, Windows 7
- 1.3Ghz or faster CPU
- 512Mb RAM
- 40Mb of hard drive space
- Screen resolution 1024x768 or higher
- USB 1.1 or better
Note: laptop and telescope not included.