The Celestron StarSense hand controller is the perfect upgrade for any Celestron computerized mount sporting the StarSense Autoalign Accessory, or to replace a lost or damaged hand controller. It never hurts to have a spare hand controller on-hand.
This simple plug-in replacement features an upgraded mini USB port instead of the classic phonejack-style RS-232 port. The hand controller is fully backwards-compatible with virtually all telescope-controlling astronomy software on the market thanks to the on-board USB-to-RS232 chip; no separate USB-to-RS232 adapter is required.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash-upgradeable firmware
- 40,000 objects in the database including complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- 100 user-definable objects
- Expanded information on over 200 objects
- Two-line, 16-character LCD with red LED backlighting
- Buttons are red LED backlit
- Alignment: Two-star + optional calibration stars, QuickAlign, 1-Star, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Nine Slew Speeds: 5°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- USB 2.0 port for external computer control and firmware updates
- ASCOM compatible
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Requires the StarSense AutoAlign Accessory (sold separately)
- GPS Upgradable via SkySync GPS Accessory (sold separately)
Note: If you are purchasing a new StarSense AutoAlign Accessory from us, you do not need to purchase the hand controller separately unless you want a spare one for backup.