Introducing iOptron iPolar™ - a high precision, easy to use electronics polarscope (e-PS).
Note: Some mounts will require an adapter for fitment, for an additional $20 USD. When this is the case, the relevant product part number is for the iPolar camera and its adapter together. Otherwise, the part number (3339) is for the camera alone. See the list of supported iOptron mounts below...
While one particular adapter might be recommended, or "standard", one or more others may work as well, depending on where you desire to attach the iPolar camera.
What makes iPolar unique?
- Can be easily installed inside the RA shaft on all iOptron equatorial mounts (except SmartEQ Pro).
- Can be used on any mounts with adapters either internally or externally.
- USB plug and play; no driver needed.
- Works globally, no need to set northern and southern hemisphere.
- No visible Polaris (north) or Sigma Octantis (south) necessary.
- No need to rotate the mount during polar alignment process.
iPolar is a smart electronic polarscope for everyone.
- Fast and easy to use
- High precision (30 arcseconds)
- No need to see the pole star
- No need to rotate the mount during alignment
- Unique imaging enhancement technique
- Smart plate solving
- On screen instruction during alignment
- Capable under poor sky visibility conditions
- Compatible with most equatorial mount with a proper adapter
Currently Supported iOptron Mounts
(and adapters where required; specify this instead of just "3339" for camera alone when ordering)
- CEM120/CEM120EC/CEM120EC2 (#3339A-120 is standard)
- CEM60/CEM60EC (#3339A-060 is standard)
- CEM40/CEM40EC (#3339A-040 is standard)
- CEM25/CEM25P/CEM25EC (no adapter required, but #3339-025 is standard)
- ZEQ25 (no adapter required, but #3339-025 is standard)
- iEQ45Pro w/ slide-in polar scope (no adapter required, but #3339-034 is standard)
- iEQ45Pro/iEQ45 (#3339-034 is standard)
- iEQ30Pro/iEQ30 (#3339-034 is standard)
- SkyGuider Pro (#3339R-SGP is standard)
- SkyGuider (no adapter required, but #3339R-SGP is standard)
- SkyTracker Pro (no adapter required)
- SkyTracker (no adapter required)
- Field of View (FOV): ~13°
- Resolution: ~30 arcseconds
- Alignment Precision: 30 arcseconds
- Interface: Mini USB2.0
- Software: iPolar Software
- Operation System: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, 32bit or 64 bit
- Warranty: One year limited