Having difficulty in polar aligning, especially in the southern hemisphere? We have a solution: SkyGuider Pro with built-in iPolar!
The SkyGuider™ Pro -- iOptron’s next generation camera tracking device! Leading the camera tracker market for several years, iOptron's SkyGuider™ Pro pushes closer to perfection. And convenience, with iPolar.
The redesigned SkyGuider™ Pro mount head is more compact; small enough to fit on your palm. It delivers better precision, silent tracking, built-in rechargeable power source, ST-4 guiding port and camera trigger port. The addition of iPolar makes quick and accurate polar alignment a breeze; no more kinking your neck. The DEC mounting bracket allows you to balance a heavy camera and/or lens better, or even mount a light telescope. The optional 8408 hand controller allows you to check the Pole Star position for the polar alignment, slew the mount, adjust the guiding rate, change the mount settings and control the camera trigger.
This mount has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
The SkyGuider™ Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. We have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help quickly reframing your image without disrupting the cameras position.
We have made big improvements on the SkyGuider™ Pro’s removable alt-azimuth base, which features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude and a built in post for the azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyGuider™ Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads.
The DEC mounting bracket package, which includes DEC mounting bracket, counterweight shaft, counterweight and Vixen-type dovetail saddle, makes the SkyGuider™ Pro mount suitable for a heavier camera/lens system, even a lightweight telescope.
The SkyGuider™ Pro is certainly a must have tool for any photographer interested in astroscape or wide field astrophotography.
- All metal mechanical structure
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-az base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Includes iOptron iPolar™ electronic polar scope
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Quick slew (144X) for camera framing adjustment
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- HBX port for external hand controller
- Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
- Built-in shutter triggering port
- Padded carry bag included
- DEC mounting bracket
- Counterweight and CW shaft
- Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting
- Optional ball heads available separately (#3305A)
- Optional tripod (#3221)
- Optional Go2Nova® 8408 hand controller (#8408)
- Optional DSLR camera shutter trigger cable
- SkyGuider™ Pro camera mount
- Alt-azi base (installed)
- iPolar™ electronic polar scope (installed)
- Micro USB charging cable
- DEC mounting bracket w/ camera mounting disk
- 1.35kg (2.98 lbs) counterweight
- Counterweight shaft
- Padded carry bag
Not included: Camera, lens, telescope, ballhead and tripod.
- Mount: Compact single axis tracking EQ
- Payload (Max.): 5kg (11 lbs), balanced
- Mount weight: 1kg (2.2 lbs) with battery
- Mount weight with base: 1.45kg (3.2 lbs) with battery
- Body material: All metal
- RA shaft: 35mm diameter, steel
- Worm wheel: 88mm diameter, 144 teeth aluminum alloy
- R.A. worm: 15.2mm diameter, brass
- Bearing: 4 pieces
- Motor drive: DC servo motor with optical encoder
- Tracking: R.A. automatic
- Tracking speed: Solar, Lunar, Cel, 1/2 Cel, and N/S
- Fast slew speed: 144X, forward and reverse
- Guiding port: ST-4 compatible
- Polar finder: iPolar™ electronic polar scope (installed)
- Camera trigger: Yes
- Hand controller: Yes (with optional 8408 HC)
- Power Requirement: Internal rechargeable battery
- Battery type: Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh
- Duration of operation: Up to 20 hours at 20ºC
- Power charge port: Micro USB (5V), 80% charge in 5 hours
- Camera mounting block: 62mm diameter, 3/8" post thread
- Body base connection: Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket (1/4” converter)
- Alt-Azi adjustable base: Vixen style saddle, 3/8” socket
- Alt-Azi adjustable base diameter: 80mm diameter
- Latitude adjustment range: -30° ~ 65° (with alt-azi base)
- Azimuth adjustment range: ±5°
- Level indicator: Level bubble
- Body dimension: 133mm X 115mm X 95mm (w/o alt-azi base)
- Counterweight shaft: 20mm diameter X 200mm w/ 3/8”-16 threads
- Counterweight: 1.35kg (2.98 lbs)
- Firmware upgrade: Yes (via USB port)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C ~40°C
- Warranty: One year limited (90 day on battery)