The Kendrick Digifire 8 digital dew controller helps prevent dew by cycling power through dew heater cables and pads. The Digifire 8 digital controller has a ton of features but is really simple to use.
The four independently programmable outputs permits individual duty cycles for each output. Set the right duty cycle to keep your optics slightly above ambient temperatures.
Two additional 12v outputs permit powering additional 12v devices, such as fans, digital setting circles, Dew Guard secondary mirror heaters, etc.
One of these outputs can also be used as an 8v output, allowing DSLRs to be powered without an AC adapter.
Programming is really simple. Press the and keys (left arrow, triangle) simultaneously to enter programming mode. Press the key to set the duty cycle for the first output, press the key to move to the next output, and repeat. Once all four outputs are programmed, the controller works its magic. The settings are automatically retained in non-volatile memory, and will survive across observing sessions.
The power cord has been fused to 7 amps even though the controller is capable of amperages of up to 15 amps total.
We highly recommend using Kendrick brand dew heater strips, pads, and heated shields (sold separately).
The Digifire 8 also allows the low voltage cutoff feature to be disabled, although this is not recommended for lead-acid batteries.
- Zero to 100% heater control in 10% increments
- Fused onboard with auto reset
- 100% digital operation
- On board protection from over current, over temperature, over voltage
- LED overcurrent indication
- Large current capacity for the most demanding applications
- 6' non-detachable fused power cord. Cord is fused at 7 amps
- Reverse polarity protected
- On/off switch
- RFI (radio frequency interference) free, critical for astro imagers
- Pulse Width Modulation duty cycle control
- 6 outputs: four programmable, one at 12v constant, and one for either 8v or 12v
- Non-volatile memory retains settings when unpowered
- LED Power on indicator for all programmable outputs
- Low voltage cut-off control with LED indication
- On board Mosfet transistors for each output for best performance with no voltage drops
- Self-adhesive Velcro attachment included
- 4 x RCA programmable output jacks
- 1 x RCA fixed-voltage 12V output jacks
- 1 x RCA 8v or 12v output jack
- 15 amp capacity max. (requires fuse upgrade)
- 12v DC operation, includes car adapter cord
- Dimensions: 14 x 8 x 2.9cm (5.5 x 3 x 1")
- Made in Canada
- One year warranty