The Kowa TSN-883 spotting scope uses the finest fluorite crystal to produce false-color free, razor-sharp and bright images with high contrast. The superior optics in the TSN-88x scopes are for serious enthusiasts.
It sports features which set it aside even from its predecessor. This is the new standard by which all other high-end scopes will be compared.
The Kowa TSN 88x series of scopes are available in both angled and straight body designs.
- Most popular design
- Easier to look up into trees, rock faces and tall buildings
- Tripod centre column can be kept shorter, gaining stability
- Observe downwards, way from strong sources of light
- Your subordinate eye will not intrude by trying to focus on the horizon
- Image plane more closely matches the way people hold books, phones and tablets
- Share with someone shorter without having to lower tripod, simply rotate the eyepiece sideways
- Aiming can be a bit more challenging at first, easily overcome
- Once the most popular design, has been losing traction steadily
- Better for use in blinds, remain covert by reducing observer height profile
- May be easier to aim for some people
- Less chance for rain drops to land on the eyepiece lens
This is the bare-bones scope without eyepiece. Don't forget to buy an eyepiece with this item.
When comparing prices, be sure to compare Canadian prices, and same configuration. Many websites list Kowa scopes without the eyepiece. We offer individual items and most common packages.
- Fluorite triplet objective for outstanding image clarity
- Large objective for bright views
- Dual-speed focuser allows for fast adjustment, then fine-tune the focus with less "hunting" for best focus.
- Objective diameter 88mm (3.4")
- Focal Length: 500mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5.6
- Close Focus: 5m (16ft)
- Length: 40.6cm (16")
- Weight: 1.87kg (4.1lbs)
- Lifetime warranty