The MallinCam VRC-10 optical tube is a true dual hyperbolic mirror Ritchey-Chrétien system. It eliminates coma, resulting in symmetrically round star images across the field of view, thus making the R-C a system of choice by professionals for astrometry, or the measurement of stellar positions.
The VRC-10 optical tube utilizes Quartz primary and secondary mirrors for low thermal expansion and hence more rapid equilibriation. Facilitating this are three built-in cooling fans installed in the rear, with supplied battery pack (batteries not included.) Optics are multi-layer dielectric coated, both with 99% reflectivity. Both the primary and secondary mirrors can be collimated. The system is fully baffled against stray light by use of nine knife-edge baffle rings in the main tube.
The MallinCam VRC-10 optical tube includes a large deluxe 3" Crayford style focuser with 2" and 1.25" adapters included. This high precision, dual speed, 10:1 focuser makes it easy to focus and lock the focuser in place. The focuser rotates 360 degrees for image framing, and offers variable friction adjustment on the focuser action. Additional focuser spacer rings are included to allow you to reach focus with any CCD cameras or other optical accessories such as diagonals, focal reducers, or Barlows.
The carbon fiber tube reduces focus shift due to thermal expansion and contraction, permitting longer intervals between focus adjustment, even during large temperature swings.
This scope comes complete with two Losmandy style "D-plate" dovetails (top and bottom) for attaching to your mount, and versatility in the attachment of other accessories.
- Low thermal expansion quartz mirrors, 99% reflectivity
- Fully baffled for maximum contrast
- Carbon fiber tube for greater focus stability than metal
- 3" dual-speed, rotatable Crayford focuser for smooth, precise focusing and image framing
- Includes extension rings to accommodate a wide range of accessories
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 254mm (10”)
- Focal Length: 2,000mm (78.7")
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Optical Type: dual hyperbolic mirror Ritchey-Chrétien system
- Mirrors: low thermal expansion quartz
- Coatings: 99% reflectivity multi-layer dielectric
- Secondary Mirror Holder Obstruction: 110mm (43% by diameter, 18.75% by area)
- Baffles: nine internal knife-edge baffles
- Tube material: carbon fiber
- Tube Diameter: 298mm (11.75”) O.D.
- Tube Length (without focuser): 628mm (24.75”)
- Tube Length (with focuser): 717mm (28.25”)
- Maximum Tube Length (with all three extension rings and focuser drawtube fully extended): 870mm (34.25")
- Tube Weight (without focuser): 14.6 kg (32.2lb)
- Tube Weight (with focuser): 15.6kg (34.4 lb)
- Mounting System: two 533mm (21”) Losmandy style "D-plate"
- Focuser: removable 3" dual-speed linear Crayford with 10:1 reduction ratio fine focus
- 2” and 1.25” compression ring accessory holders
- Adjustable friction
- 360° rotating camera angle/observing angle adjuster
- Focuser Mounting Thread: 90mm x 1mm metric
- Focuser Travel: 50.4mm (2”), with ruled scale
- Back Focus: 235mm (9.25”) from rear cell, 140mm (5.5”) with focuser installed
- Focuser Extension Rings: two 25mm (1"), one 50mm (2")
- Finder: Not Included
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR - Requires T2 ring, 2" prime focus adapter
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- One year warranty