The Nikon Monarch 7 offers upgraded features, such as ED glass, and wider fields of view push this binocular to the head of the pack.
The field of view of the 10x model has been boosted by 18% over previous generations of Monarch binoculars, enabling the observer to see more of the scene, and locate wildlife with greater ease.
ED Extra-low dispersion glass is employed in the design of the Monarch 7, achieving greater fidelity and higher contrast by eliminating false color (chromatic abberation). Exotic ED glass blends are used to focus the various colors to a common focal point.
Dielectric high-reflection coatings on the prism's reflective surfaces help harness the light and further enhance the contrast. The prisms are also coated with special phase-correction coating to enhance resolution, contrast and true color rendition for a sharp, high-resolution viewing experience.
The winning combination of magnification, light gathering, contrast, light weight and ease-of-use makes this a great birding binocular. The close focus capabilities let you focus in on other creatures like dragon flies and butterflies. The waterproof construction will have you birding in all weather.
- Wide field of view
- ED Extra-low dispersion glass eliminates chromatic aberration, for brighter, higher contrast views
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Dielectric coatings on prism surfaces to achieve higher internal reflection
- Long eye relief design ideal for clear field of view while wearing eyeglasses
- Extreme close focusing
- Eco-glass optics - free of lead and arsenic
- Waterproof up to 1m (3.3ft) for 5 minutes
- Twist-style eyecups
- Rubber armoured provides comfortable grip
- Lightweight fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin body
- Eyepiece rain guard
- Wide neck strap
- Carry case
- Tripod adaptable
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective Lens: 42mm
- Eye Relief: 16mm
- Exit Pupil: 4.2mm
- Relative Brightness: 17.6
- Angular Field of View: 6.7°
- Linear Field of View: 117m@1000m (352ft@1000yds)
- Close Focus: 2.4m (8ft)
- Interpupillary Distance: 55-75mm
- Eyecup Style: Twist-style, 4 position
- Coatings: Lenses are fully multicoated, Prisms are fully multicoated, phase correction coated, and dielectric coated
- Prism Type: Roof
- Waterproof: Yes
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Length: 142mm
- Width: 130mm
- Weight: 674g (23.6oz)
- Warranty: Limited lifetime on optics, 7 year on non-optical components