Note: Mount not included.
At a Glance
- 150 mm apochromatic refractor with matched lens assembly having one ED element
- 1200 mm focal length (f/8)
- Dual-speed 3.4” rack-and-pinion focuser
- DX tube-ring attachment hardware with D-style dovetail plate
- Aluminum case
Apochromatic refractors have somewhat of a cult following; they are considered the finest instrument to observe and photograph the skies. Due to increasing popularity and lower manufacturing costs, these once-expensive telescopes are now much more affordable.
The Razor-sharp, false colour-free "APO" optics are perfect for visual and photographic applications. Advanced anti-reflection coatings optimize light transmission through the glass, approaching 99.5% transmission. The optical tube is fully baffled and blackened to reduce stray, unfocused light to maximize contrast.
Sky-Watcher Evostar refractors provide the finest images obtainable in their design class. These doublet refractors deliver dramatic, coal-black skies and faithful, contrast-rich views of planetary and deep-space phenomenon that are second to none. Sky-Watcher Evostar refractors are the logical choice for the discriminating amateur astronomer looking for an investment in advanced instrumentation for exceptional viewing and astrophotography.
The 150mm model is currently the largest APO refractor Sky-Watcher produces.
- ED doublet objective
- Fully baffled and blackened for maximum contrast
- 3.4" rack-and-pinion focuser w/ 10:1 fine-focus for smooth, precise focusing
- Includes Aluminum carry case
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Optical Design: ED Doublet
- Lens Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Objective Aperture: 150mm (6")
- F/Ratio: f/8
- Focal Length (mm): 1200
- Focuser: 3.4" Dual Speed Rack-and-Pinion
- Dawes Limit: 0.77 arcsecond
- Rayleigh Limit: 0.93 arcsecond
- Limiting Magnitude: 13.3
- Minimum Magnification: 21X
- Maximum Magnification: 295X
- Light Gathering Compared to 120mm: 71% Greater
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (Requires T2 ring, 2" prime focus adapter recommended, but not required)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Piggyback adapter built-in
- OTA Length (Retract/Ext.): 128.3cm (50.5")
- OTA Outer Diameter: 180mm (7.1")
- OTA Weight (with accessories): 10kg (22 lbs)
- Mounting Accessories: Rings/D-Rail
- Included Case: Yes
- Corrector: No (optional)