Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer is user-friendly and provides various combinations to satisfy all your needs for astrophotography and time-lapse photography. It is a high precision, portable and stable celestial tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control. Moreover, it contains pre-programmed parameters assisting you to create interesting time-lapse videos with your DSLR.
The included ball head adapter is threaded to accept ball heads from a variety of manufacturers including Manfrotto, Gitzo, iOptron, etc. There is also included a 3/8" to 1/4" threaded adapter if one's tripod has the smaller screw size.
The Star Adventurer photo bundle includes:
- Star Adventurer mount
- Built-in wi-fi adapter
- Built-in illuminated polar scope
- Ball head adapter
- 3/8" to 1/4" threaded adapter
Not included: Camera, telescope, ball head, cable release and tripod.
If you wish to purchase a cable release, please specify cable model or camera model when placing your order in the comment section during checkout. The table below lists the four cable types and their respectively supported cameras.
Any model compatible with N3-typeremote control terminal.
Canon EOS 7D/6D/5D series, 1D series, 1V, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D,
Any model compatible with 10-pin (MC-20, MC-22, MC-30, MC-36) remote terminal .
Nikon D1/D2/D3/D4 series, D200/D300/D700/D800 series.
Any model compatible with MC-DC1 remote terminal
For Nikon D80, D70S,
Any model compatible with MC-DC2 remote terminal
NIKON D90, D600, D750, D3000/D5000 series, D7000
- Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography
- Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Built-in wi-fi adapter
- Built-in polar scope with illuminator
- DSLR interface for automatic shutter control
- Built-in auto-guiding interface
- Low power consumption
- External Mini USB power support
- Compatible with 3/8" and 1/4" camera tripod thread
- Lifetime free firmware upgrade
- Mount Type: ultra compact equatorial tracking platform
- Motor Drive: DC Servo
- Tracking Modes:
- 0.5x sidereal
- North and South hemisphere
- Autoguider interface: Yes, ST4 compatible
- Wheel gear: 86mm diameter, 144 teeth aluminum alloy
- Worm gear: 13mm diameter, high tension brass
- Polar finder: Yes, illuminated, ~7° true field of view, North and South hemisphere
- Tripod connection: 3/8" 16tpi, or 1/4" 20tpi w/ included adapter
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- USB Port: USB mini B
- Wi-fi: Yes
- Power Supply: Accepts 4 x AA batteries, mini USB 5v
- Power Requirements: 3.6v~6.5v DC, External power supply DC 4.75v~5.25v, ~300mA;
- Battery run-time: up to 72 hours continuous tracking @ 20°C
- Operating temperature: 0° ~ 40°C
- Payload Capacity: 5kg (11lb)
- Dimensions: 17.4cm x 11.3cm x 9.6cm
- Weight: 1kg (2.2lbs)
This item is also available in various bundles.