Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer 2i is user-friendly and provides various combinations to satisfy all your needs for astrophotography and time-lapse photography. It is a high precision, portable and stable celestial tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control. Moreover, it contains pre-programmed parameters assisting you to create interesting time-lapse videos with your DSLR.
The included ball head adapter is threaded to accept ball heads from a variety of manufacturers including Manfrotto, Gitzo, iOptron, etc. There is also included a 3/8" to 1/4" threaded adapter if one's tripod has the smaller screw size.
The Star Adventurer astro bundle includes:
- Star Adventurer mount
- Built-in wi-fi adapter
- Ball head adapter
- Small scope Dec L bracket adapter (mounting assembly)
- Illuminated polar scope
- EQ wedge
- 3/8" to 1/4" threaded adapter
Not included: Camera, telescope, ball head, shutter release cable and tripod.
Any model compatible with N3-typeremote control terminal.
Canon EOS 7D/6D/5D series, 1D series, 1V, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D,
Any model compatible with 10-pin (MC-20, MC-22, MC-30, MC-36) remote terminal .
Nikon D1/D2/D3/D4 series, D200/D300/D700/D800 series.
Any model compatible with MC-DC1 remote terminal
For Nikon D80, D70S,
Any model compatible with MC-DC2 remote terminal
NIKON D90, D600, D750, D3000/D5000 series, D7000
- Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography
- Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Built-in wi-fi adapter
- Built-in polar scope with illuminator
- DSLR interface for automatic shutter control
- Built-in auto-guiding interface
- Low power consumption
- External Mini USB power support
- Compatible with 3/8" and 1/4" camera tripod thread
- Lifetime free firmware upgrade
- Mount Type: ultra compact equatorial tracking platform
- Motor Drive: DC Servo
- Tracking Modes:
- 0.5x sidereal
- North and South hemisphere
- Autoguider interface: Yes, ST4 compatible
- Wheel gear: 86mm diameter, 144 teeth aluminum alloy
- Worm gear: 13mm diameter, high tension brass
- Polar finder: Yes, illuminated, ~7° true field of view, North and South hemisphere
- Tripod connection: 3/8" 16tpi, or 1/4" 20tpi w/ included adapter
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- USB Port: USB mini B
- Wi-fi: Yes
- Power Supply: Accepts 4 x AA batteries, mini USB 5v
- Power Requirements: 3.6v~6.5v DC, External power supply DC 4.75v~5.25v, ~300mA;
- Battery run-time: up to 72 hours continuous tracking @ 20°C
- Operating temperature: 0° ~ 40°C
- Payload Capacity: 5kg (11lb)
- Dimensions: 17.4cm x 11.3cm x 9.6cm
- Weight: 1kg (2.2lbs)
This item is also available in various bundles.